Complete the form below to get an estimate
Make Your Home Look Great With Traditional Stucco
Traditional stucco is a great choice for your home's exterior. Stucco is a time tested application with a variety of pleasing design possibilities.
ABOUT TRADITIONAL STUCCO
Why consider traditional stucco
Traditional stucco has been around for longer than you may think. Its origins date back hundreds of years and has been popular as a home exterior since the 1800s. It continues to this day to be used as an inexpensive, durable and insulating material.
WHAT IS TRADITIONAL STUCCO
Traditional stucco is made from a combination of Portland cement, with water and lime added for strength. Pigments are added to create a plethora of color options, and textures can be created for a variety of eye pleasing styles.
Traditional stucco is made from multiple layers, typically applied to wood or stone structures. It is applied wet over mesh or lath bases typically in 3 layers:
- A scratch coat composed of cement and sand applied to the lath or mesh.
- A brown or leveling coat composed of cement, lime and sand and smoothed over.
- Finishing or color coat consisting of cement, colored sand and lime and applied over the brown coat. Here is where design and texture can be added with various sand options available for different textures
7 BENEFITS OF TRADITIONAL STUCCO
Traditional stucco is a material that has been around for centuries and has stood the test of time. There are many good reasons why traditional stucco is still used widely today.
- Less expensive than acrylic/EIFS stucco.
- More porous than acrylic which makes it less likely to absorb water. This reduces risk of permanent damage due to water.
- Comes with a wider range of texture and pattern choices than acrylic.
- Final finish can be painted after drying.
- Tried and tested product used for centuries
- Made from all natural products
- Very low maintenance
Traditional stucco is a great choice for your home's exterior. Stucco is a time tested application with a variety of pleasing design possibilities. For Winnipeggers living with wet winter and spring conditions, or who may have children who like to throw things against the house, traditional stucco will protect your home from all potential hazards. Del’s Exteriors Winnipeg is your number 1 choice for stucco insulation.