Complete the form below to get an estimate
Stucco Painting Winnipeg. Elastomeric Paint Contractors. Exterior Painting Winnipeg, MB.
ABOUT ELASTOMERIC PAINTING
Elastomeric paint is essentially a rubber paint that goes on in a liquid form and dries as a solid layer. This creates a tough and durable seal that is 10 times thicker than regular exterior paint, which helps to protect against wind, sun, cold, heat, rain, and snow throughout all seasons.
The coating is flexible, meaning it expands, and contracts with the changes of the seasons. It also has the power to bridge hairline cracks on vertical surfaces. Elastomeric paint is extremely durable against mildew and dirt as well as being a very resistant waterproofing finish that has superior elasticity and elongation properties to resist cracking.
What are the benefits of using Elastomeric Paint
- Waterproof: Elastomeric paint offers a secure layer that moisture and water won't penetrate. It is the ideal stucco paint and solution for anyone looking to secure concrete blocks, roofs, walls, floors, and poured concrete. However, you need a proper painting process to guarantee a watertight surface. The waterproofing properties of elastomeric paint make it ideal for surfaces exposed to rainwater damages.
- Density/Thickness: Elastomeric paints offer ten to twenty mills per coating, which is significantly thicker than the two to three mills you get from ordinary house paint. The extra thickness translates into better protection for your walls. You can see and feel the difference in texture and toughness. Exterior paint density also keeps all moisture away.
- Durability/Dependability: Most elastomeric paints come with a lengthy warranty up to 10 years or more, especially when combined with an elastomeric coating. Ordinary paints usually feature 2-3 year warranties and rarely live that long without proper maintenance. Elastomeric paint offers the best durability making it a perfect option for stucco paint, exterior walls and concrete block surfaces exposed to weather elements.
- Flexible: Elastomeric paints are a high-build coating designed to protect masonry surfaces, mainly exterior walls, and roofs. Most roof paint is elastomeric, meaning the paint can stretch and return to the original form without damage. The flexibility also makes the paint perfect for exterior walls and other surfaces exposed to heat and cold.
ABOUT ACRYLIC PAINTING
Where Elastomeric paint may not be necessary for every project, that’s where Acrylic paint can play its part. This is a water-soluble product that, once dry, becomes extremely flexible and weather-resistant, which is especially important with our extreme seasonal changes here in Winnipeg.
When surfaces are primed properly, Acrylic paint has a strong adhesion to almost any existing material. This is especially true with stucco, where oil and latex paints do not perform as well.Del's Exteriors offers a wide variety of colors to choose from and being the more cost-effective option, Acrylic paint has become the homeowner’s paint of choice.
What are the benefits of using Acrylic Paint?
- Breathability: When it comes to wooden surfaces in particular, acrylic paint breathes more than other paint options, allowing moisture from underlying surfaces to escape, while elastomeric paint does not. If your wood is not fully dry when you seal it up with elastomeric paint, you can trap moisture inside, leading to mold, mildew, and rot. Even the slightest hole or ding in the paint can expose wood to this, so regular patching may be necessary.
- Cost-Effective: Acrylic paint is an affordable option for home or property owners with a tight budget. However, it does not last as long as coating systems which means you’ll save on initial costs.
- Strong: When surfaces are primed properly, Acrylic paint has a strong adhesion to almost any existing material. This is especially true with stucco, where oil and latex paints do not perform as well.